Monday, 26 March 2012

Sweetpea and Fay Liquid Lipstick

My SweetPea and Fay order arrived today! I ordered four "J'Adore Les Levres" liquid lipsticks in Ranunculous, Mermaid Kiss, Penelope, and Yeti.
I also got a free eyeshadow in 'Shibalba' (full size, not a sample!) which is really cool of them. It's a shimmery yellow-gold, definitely a colour I'll use. But this post will be about the lipsticks :)


These lippies come in squeezy tubes with a plastic applicator on the end. It's not my fave packaging ever I must admit, I prefer tubes that come with a wand. I found it difficult to squeeze the product out, but that might be because I only have my left hand, lol. I tried applying straight from the tube but found it easier to just use a lip brush.

Here's what SweetPea & Fay say about these lipsticks:

"J'Adore Les Levres tubes are VERY VERY pigmented. They glide on with a rich creamy texture and a soft french vanilla flavor. Lightly blot for a liquid lipstick look or build up for a more glossy shine."

Swatches on my lips:

Ranunculous
"soft pastel pink"
I love this shade, it's one of my fave shades in lipstick. Very thick, creamy formula.

 Mermaid Kiss
"neon hot pink"
Very bright and eyecatching colour. Creamy and opaque which seems to be the norm for these lippies.

Penelope
"Opaque redish purple, with just a hint of lip stain"
I don't know about the stain because I only wore it to take pics, however the colour is stunning and I found the consistency the easiest to work with.

Yeti
"neon blue"
Lol, yes, I'm getting a bit addicted to odd lip colours! This is very VERY creamy and opacity definitely not a problem!

 For a bit of fun, I tried a lip ombre with Yeti and Mermaid Kiss, lol:
 It came out a bit wrong, haha


All in all, I'm a big fan of these lippies! Packaging aside, I think they're a great quality product for the humble $7.99 price tag. If you buy only one shade, I'd recommend Penelope, it's my favourite out of the four!

What do you think? Will you try them?

If you want to buy, they are available from SweetPea and Fay's website. Shipping to the UK for 4 lipsticks was $4.50 which is very reasonable!

40 comments:

  1. I love the first and third, and the last ombre design looks really nice! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you. I almost got it to look good then ruined it by too much smudging, lol. x

      Delete
  2. I really like the first one!

    http://www.sandra-thepuzzleofmylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. A while back I bought a blue colored gloss for a photoshoot but the consistency came out completely wrong! It was terrible... honestly, I don't think I'll buy another one!

    http://myveryownoneyearproject.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh really that's too bad, what brand was it? x

      Delete
  4. i love those shades of pink! the blue one looks very futuristic! can't see myself wearing the blue one in public, though!

    xoxo, andie
    http://fashionistaspick.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I'd wear it on an everyday basis, maybe for costume or cool photo opportunities :)

      Delete
  5. I love the first one, so girly !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the blue lips!! I am now following you. I hope you do the same and follow back. Thank You! =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and thanks for following! I will check out your blog! :)

      Delete
  7. I totally like the blue lips!!! If I had bigger lips I would definitely go for them!

    Wanna follow each other? I start now;)

    Kisses from Berlin

    www.amihipnow.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and sure I'll follow you too :)

      Delete
  8. Hey!


    You have been nominated for an award, for details visit my blog :)

    http://xxmakeupbyhollyxx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you, not quite sure how these thingies work but I'm honoured :)

      Delete
  9. I like the first two!
    Nice post!

    If you want, check out my blog:
    http://thescentofglamour.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will check your blog out :)

      Delete
  10. I like your post so much! These lipsticks are really gorgeous!
    Take a look and if you want we can follow each others: Cosa mi metto???
    Last day to enter the Mimi Boutique giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll take a look! :D

      Delete
  11. That blue is awesome!

    www.kimgodschalk.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing. Wish I had the guts to wear it out!

      Delete
  12. Great photos and that blue looks so gorgeous! ♥

    Greetings from Finland,
    curiousnoora.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. love your blog:)Maybe we can follow each other?

    Agnes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'll take a look at your blog too :)

      Delete
  14. the blue is so cool!

    Babi
    www.whenbabispeaks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so cool it's freezing. Lol!

      Delete
  15. really lovely lipstick, nice color!
    cam to visit my blog and if you like we can follow each other! Keep in touch with fashion
    and if you like follow me also on FACEBOOK
    CHICISSIMO
    BLOGLOVIN
    LOOKBOOK

    have a good day... KISS KISS JEASMINE
    KEEP IN TOUCH WITH FASHION

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jeasmine, thanks for posting your blog link, I'll check it out :)

      Delete
  16. I love mermaids kiss, it's such a beautiful color ! <3
    You're invited to enter Romwe Easter Giveaway: win a collar and $ 40 gift card on Romwe !
    Fashion and Cookies
    If you want we could follow each other on gfc, bloglovin and facebook !
    Fashion and Cookies on Facebook
    Follow me on Bloglovin
    My Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mermaid kiss is my favourite to :D

    http://shopaholichousewife.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really girly and lovely :)

      Delete
  18. How long did shipping take to get to UK? (I'm interested in them XD)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! :)

      Well, I ordered on 11th March and the order arrived on 26th March, so not too bad really considering customs held them!

      Delete
  19. i really like the first one - the Ranunculous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it's a lovely shade isn't it? :)

      Delete
  20. That last picture is soo cool :)
    Aimee xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you, I need more practice though LOL! :) xx

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comments!

Please let me know if you follow me, so that I can return the favour - otherwise it may slip my mind! :)

Also please do not come here begging for a follow if you don't intend to follow me back. Thank yooou.